The Corsicana Opry & Event Center was built between 1900 - 1905 and is one of the first clear span buildings in Texas and originally housed the Central Texas Grocery Company, followed by the Southern Wholesale Grocery Company in the 1920's. It also has its own 10'x16' vault with the original old Mosler safe.
Carolyn and her mother, Billie Jo Stephan, bought the building in 2013, immediately began transforming the building from warehouse to Opry house and had their first show in 2014.
With 23,000 sqft., on the first floor and the balcony, there is plenty of room to enjoy live music, meets friends, and spin around 900 sqft. of dance space! Be sure to checkout the mirror-covered saddle (with over 7,000 hand-glued mirrors!) suspended high above the dance floor and the amazing hand-built oil derrick that surrounds the stairs to the second floor balcony!
The basement alone is 7,000 and is, as you would expect, haunted.
The Opry is always making changes, updating and innovating. We will be adding more events and features in the near future. Check back often for information on what's new at The Opry.
Copyright © 2022 Corsicana Opry & Event Center - All Rights Reserved.